Welcome MacCast Listeners!
New in TextExpander touch 3 with Custom Keyboard
- Use the custom keyboard to expand snippets in any app on an iPhone or iPad.
- Press the Shift key and the keyboard keys will switch between uppercase and lowercase.
- Use VoiceOver accessibility with the custom keyboard.
- Update snippets in the TextExpander app and edits will sync with the keyboard automatically.
Check out this great video showcasing the new TextExpander keyboard from our pal David Sparks:
TextExpander touch 3 Features
Please note: You can use your TextExpander touch snippets directly in many apps that support it, including Byword, Drafts, Elements, Fantastical, Launch Center Pro and Dispatch. View the complete list of TextExpander-enhanced iOS apps.
- Type faster on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using short abbreviations that expand into long snippets of text.
- Compose notes quickly and easily that contain frequently-used text like addresses, phone numbers, email signatures, URLs, etc.
- Automatically insert your notes into Mail, SMS and Twitter clients, or copy-and-paste messages into other apps on your iOS device.
- Use your snippets directly in many TextExpander-enhanced iOS apps.
- Sync your snippets using Dropbox, or import your snippet groups from your Mac via your local WiFi network.
- Share snippet groups with other iOS devices and Macs on your local WiFi network.
- Save composed notes in an archive for reuse.
- Organize snippets in groups.
- Sort snippets and organize groups via drag and drop.
- Add Predefined Groups such as emoji, accented words, symbols, and HTML/CSS.
- Add snippet groups available online via URL.
- Create "fill-in-the-blank" snippets including text fields and multiple choice popups to quickly customize a snippet upon expansion.
- Create and use formatted text and plain text snippets in notes or when sending to email.
- Add macros to your snippet with the "Insert" menu to include things like the current date and time, clipboard contents, nesting of other snippets, and more.